Jump to navigationJump to search
|Festival Week 1|
|H1|Month 3 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Festival Week 2 1 2 3 4 5 Month 4 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Month 5 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 H2 Month 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Festival Week 3 1 2 3 4 5 Month 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Month 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 H3 Month 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Month 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
- Sector Moff Sarn Shild announced that Emperor Palpatine had now begun to focus on ending illegal activities in Hutt space, whether it be carried out by Hutts or otherwise.
- Imperial forces led by Admiral Greelanx attempted to carry out order Base Delta Zero on Nar Shadddaa, however the smuggler defenders were more cunning and tenacious than anticipated. The Battle of Nar Shaddaa was long and devastating, but in the end, Greelanx was forced to retreat, yielding the battle to the smugglers.
- Admiral Greelanx was murdered by Darth Vader.
- On Coruscant, Moff Shild committed suicide.
- Yref Orgege was assigned as Sarn Shild's replacement.
- Wilhuff Tarkin ordered a contingent of Imperial troops to land on Kashyyyk and take custody of a Wookiee facility. The force took the Wookiee outpost they were sent to capture, but then they were routed and faced battles on the run. Eventually, though, they learnt the truth: their mission, in which the vast majority of troopers had died, was only a ruse. The Empire used them as a diversion, while a true invasion force landed elsewhere. Kashyyyk was now official under Imperial rule.
- The Akorec Strike Cruiser became popular.
- Grakkata the Wookiee began his pirating in the Elrood Sector.
- Laird Gustavu was appointed Moff of the Tapani Sector.
- Hira Deboota began to work as a forensic for the State Coroner's office on Coruscant during the New Order, and was one of the few beings ever to perform an autopsy on a Yaka. Doctor Deboota reported that the cyborg implants of the specimen were very similar to those of a Gank Killer. Doctor Deboota went so far as to theorize that the Gank implants were actually the "beta" versions of those which were used on the Yaka.
- The L-17A Quickjump navicomputer was produced by Novastar Corporation.
- BlasTech released the DL-56 blaster pistol.
- Rejuvenation therapy was developed.
- On Carida, a graduate of the Imperial Military Academy named Stor fouled up during graduation ceremonies, causing the entire front rank of the Cliffside procession to plunge from the cliff that gave the Academy its name.
- Halbrek Dodd began to work as a negotiator for the Corporate Sector Authority during the height of the New Order.
- Frequent winner of the race during the Festival of the High Winds on Sevarcos, Lord Cassius Nolath Rha, won the race again after having lost in the last race.
- A Rebel pirate band including Tormax Ardellian was captured by Imperials. Ardellian escapes, but the rest were executed publicly.
- Narg was discovered by the Galactic Empire. The Empire gave TransGalMeg Industries control of the planet for ten years.
- Brathlen Corporation built a light-amplification dome over Plawel on Belsavis.
- Anti-taxation protesters on Ghorman were killed when Captain Wilhufff Tarkin landed his ship on them to quell the protests. The incident was known as the "Ghorman Massacre" and sparked the first inklings of unified rebellion against the Galactic Empire.
- Mon Mothma was declared an Enemy of the Empire, but she escaped before she could be arrested. The resulting protest of the accusation on Chandrila led to an Imperial massacre on the planet.
- The Outer Rim Territories were among the boldest opponents to the Emperor. This was primarily due to their location on the extreme edge of the Old Republic -â€“ their isolation had bred in them a stubborn independence and a remarkably strong distaste for government of any kind, totalitarian government in particular. The fact that the Empire maintained only a token military presence in the Outer Rim might have had something to do with it, as well. Foremost among the territories in opposition was the Atrivis Sector, a relatively small sector of space that included the Mantooine and Fest systems. These systems had long histories of petty bickering among themselves, and they distrusted each other almost as much as they hated the far-away Emperor. Resistance to the Emperor was scattered among the different systems, each group of freedom-fighters isolated from and suspicious of the others. Despite their many weaknesses, the Resistance was an annoyance to the Imperial forces, and before long, an Imperial garrison post was established on Mantooine, where the Resistance was most active. The Resistance group there, the self-proclaimed "Liberators", wasted no time in attacking the under-defended post and confiscating its weapons and equipment. However, instead of quickly retreating into the wilderness as an experienced force might have done, they occupied the remains of the Imperial garrison and boldly broadcast their triumph, urging all on Mantooine to join them in revolt. Because this was the first and only Imperial presence in the system, the Liberators had thought themselves safe from Imperial retribution. They had no knowledge of the Imperial strike fleet waiting in orbit around the nearby moons of Fest. The Resistance group of Fest knew about the fleet, but they had no communication with the Mantooine Rebels. There was no way to warn them; Mantooine's Liberators were decimated by the Imperial strike fleet, hunted down almost to the last man. But the Resistance group on nearby Fest remained intact and uncompromised. Both groups learnt the value of communication and an expanded underground network. With this in mind, the Fest group formed its own Mantooine arm, as well as several other branches in various systems throughout Atrivis Sector. The newly-dubbed "Atrivis Resistance Group" (or ARG) was far more efficient than its ill-fated predecessors. With lines of communication firmly established, the ARG was able to keep track of Imperial movement and operations throughout the Sector. The underground network worked feverishly to feed information to the ARG leaders, who had set up a hidden base of operations aboard a long-abandoned space station in the barren Generis system. Striking from their hidden base, the ARG were able to harass the Imperial establishment in the Atrivis Sector. But as confidence grew within the Resistance ranks, so did concern. The ARG leaders realised just how isolated they were from all other groups throughout the galaxy. For all they knew, the Imperials could be mounting a major offensive against them from the very next sector. They simply had no way of knowing what was happening outside their remote sector of space. That was until Mon Mothma arrived. Mon Mothma's visit to the Atrivis Sector began a new era for its Resistance fighters. She proposed to link Atrivis's forces with countless others throughout the galaxy, integrating them into the forthcoming Rebel Alliance. The ARG's leaders were hesitant to establish an efficient organisation, and they were afraid to give control to outsiders. But Mon Mothma was persuasive. She pointed out the benefits to the ARG of a galaxy-wide communications net, and of the usefulness of a single galactic Resistance command as opposed to multiple uncoordinated ones. She admitted that this entailed some loss of control on the part of the ARG, but stressed that it was necessary if they were to have any chance of success against the monolithic Empire. She also noted that the ARG would get something in return for their loss of control. As she proposed to make the base on Generis a key communications station linking many Outer Rim resistance units through satellite beam transmissions, the Alliance would establish a fighter outpost on Generis to protect the base. Up until then, the ARG had had no starfighters at all. There was some mild argument over the proposition among the ARG leaders, but it quickly became obvious that the positive points of joining the Rebel Alliance far outweighed the negative. Yes, there would be an influx of foreign personnel, as well as new responsibilities and dangers. But the promise of new weapons, equipment, and the added security of open communication with other Resistance groups was more than enough to convince them. The treaty of Generis was signed shortly thereafter, binding the ARG to the Alliance for the Duration. The ARG had joined the war.
- The rebel groups that would soon form the Rebel Alliance began supplying the Alignment Forces in the Virgillan Civil War. The Imperial-supporting side of the civil war, the Aristocracy, had previously kept blaster technology out of Alignment hands. The Rebels changed that.
- Just before the official outbreak of the Galactic Civil War, the Taim and Bak families formed the Taim and Bak weapons manufacturing company.
Behind the scenes
The vast majority of information here is taken wholesale from the Star Wars Timeline Gold by Nathan Butler, and is used with the author's permission.