EaW General Info
From Rebel Squadrons WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Wage war on ground and in space - battle it out in space and then send down your ground forces to invade the planet.
- All action is persistent - every decision affects the next battle and, ultimately, the fate of the galaxy. Play out your own personal version of Episode IV: A New Hope.
- Real-time strategy (RTS) 3D gameplay set in more than 40 ground and space locations including Yavin IV, Tatooine and Dagobah - each has its own specific advantage and/or resource.
- Construct ground and space structures, including space stations, factories and ion cannons.
- Deploy ground and space vehicles from giant Star Destroyers and AT-ATs to swift speeder bikes and X-wings.
- Access a variety of ground troops including stormtroopers and Rebel soldiers. Hero characters like Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader can be brought into key battles.
- Unique mission objectives such as rescues, sabotage, blockades and destruction.
- Begins several years before the events of Episode IV: A New Hope, including vehicles and locations from both the classic timeframe and Episode III.
- Play as the Rebels as they amass their forces and work to thwart the plans of the Empire, or serve the Empire and crush the Rebellion at its roots.
- Destroy the Death Star or use it as the ultimate power in the universe.
- Innovative multiplayer campaign mode lets two players battle for the galaxy and save games in progress. Up to eight players can compete in online skirmish modes.
- All-new game engine created by Las Vegas-based developer Petroglyph, composed of industry veterans responsible for classic RTS titles, including the Command & Conquer series.
Eaw Tech Tree
Rebellion Space Tech
Rebellion Land Tech
From Petroden itself, the system requirements for Star Wars: Empire At War. Note, this is for 'Minimum Requirements Only'
- Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer
- CPU: Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz
- Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP
- Ram: 256MB
- Graphics Card: 32 MB graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) capability
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible, PCI or Onboard Audio Device
- Internet: 56kbps or faster connection (required for multiplayer only)