Here you can find information on the various heroes that Empire at War has to offer. These units, while pricey, can often tip the balance of the game in your favor. Sometimes they will also be needed to achieve certain objectives within the game. For more information, each hero mentioned also has a link to the Star Wars Wiki, providing you with more fictional background to each character.
- Mon Mothma: The Rebel Alliance's leader. She is acquired in space, giving a defensive bonus to space forces, as well as a 25% reduce to production costs of new vessels in her vicinity
- Kyle Katarn: Once a mercenary, now working for the Rebellion. He's quick on his feet, with deadly aim, the ability to quickly sprint to a target, and also the ability to throw thermal detonators
- Captain Raymus Antilles: Captain of the Corvette Sundered Heart, his ship possesses a boost to engines that makes it a perfect ship for hit and run attacks, as well as a special attack that weakens enemy vessels' ability to attack effectively
- R2-D2/C-3PO: Everyone's favorite droids, they're able to steal imperial technology on the galactic map, as well as repairing vehicles on the ground and taking control of enemy turrets
- Commander Ackbar: Commander of the Mon Calamari Cruiser, "Home One," his ship can increase the focus of all Rebel ships in his range. The cruiser can also boost its shield power far above the norm
- Han & Chewie: These two smugglers pilot the "fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy." The Millennium Falcon can temporarily become invulnerable to enemy fire. On the ground, Chewie is abler to quickly sprint and take over enemy vehicles. Han can also move quickly, and has an EMP burst that can disable machines for a short time.
- Obi-Wan: The last of the jedi and a master general, he can heal the soldiers near him when they're damaged, as well as himself. He can also grant special protection to certain units.
- Red Squadron: The only unit able to defeat the Death Star, they are also masters as taking down the enemy
- Emperor Palpatine: Leader of the Galactic Empire, Palpatine is a master force user, able to desimate infantry with his force lightning ability. He can also corrupt units into becoming Imperial. When he is present, production costs drop 25%
- Mara Jade: A favorite assassin of the Empire, Jade can sneak behind enemy lines to toss thermal detonators, as well as using the force to corrupt enemy infantry
- Captain Piett: Captain of the Imperial Star Destroyer Accuser. This ship has powerful tractor beams and proton beams to help spearhead an assault
- Colonel Veers: Commands an advanced At-AT called Blizzard 1. This machine can deploy stormtroopers and has a command for laying down maximum firepower
- Grand Moff Tarkin: Tarkin will never give up, as such, his fleets do not retreat from battle. Still, a fleet under his command is boosted considerably in combat effectiveness and research costs are much cheaper when he oversees an operation
- Boba Fett: The most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy. In his ship, Slave 1, he is an expert pilot, able to drop seismic charges to escape the enemy. On land, his jetpack and flamethrower make him a serious threat to the enemy
- Darth Vader: The Emperor's right hand man, leading his tie advanced squadron, he is one of the most deadly pilots in the galaxy. He is able to call for wingmen to replace any pilots that die in his squadron. On land, he can push and crush his enemies with reckless abandon