The RS Ladder is a proposed system that will be available for all multiplayer games and be essentially a more advanced version of Leagues of Interpersonal Competition.
- Activity is always rewarded.
- Winning is rewarded more than tying, which is rewarded more than losing.
- An all-time version should exist along with a shorter-duration version (proposed: one month).
- The system should be flexible enough to allow for special awards/certificates/competitions.
Games (13 total)
- BF - Battlefront
- BF2 - Battlefront II
- RC - Republic Commando
- JK - Jedi Knight
- JO - Jedi Outcast
- JA - Jedi Academy
- SMK - Super Mario Kart
- Certificate of Versatility: 1 victory in each of the three major genres (flight, ground, strategic)
- Medal of Versatility: 10 victories in each genre
- Champion of Versatility: 25 victories in each genre
- Legend of Versatility: 100 victories in each genre
- Officer of the Renaissance: 1 victory in eight different games
- Master of the Renaissance: 3 victories in every game (including simulators) - we will provide "temporary" copies of rare games
- Legend of the Renaissance: 20 victories in every game
Individual game victory awards (substitute appropriate game title for any of these)
- Pilot of X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter: 5 victories
- Warrior of X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter: 20 victories
- Champion of X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter: 50 victories
- Legend of X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter: 120 victories
Individual accolades (substitute as appropriate)
- Rebel Squadrons Top Ace/Commando/General (XvT/BF2/EaW): > 80% win percentage, 12 victories against 4 different opponents, rating above 70 - names change for different genres
"Rating" denotes the value that determines a player's position on the Main Ladder.
2v2 should be included with the ladder, aye? But how?
To prevent people "sitting" on ratings, implement Challenges system.
- 10 days to answer challenge
- lose 0.5 rating if not answered
- max 3 challenges per month
- person must be within 25 rating to challenge; can only do so once per month
- Tie in perfect 100 or 0 rating to monthly requirements
- Award "Top Performer" and "Most Participation" each month, given a certain minimum of activity (5 victories or 5 matches)
- Scores must be reported within 48 hours of the match's completion.
- Screenshots must be provided for the scores to be accepted.
- In the spirit of encouraging participation, no restrictions on setting up matches will be established in the beginning.
- Later, we could require MrBot signups, available in any IRC channel.
This is planned to be an internal-only system. Its goal is to promote members playing with other members, which is all but nonexistent currently. It is projected that, if this were encouraged with other clubs, they would dominate participation and negate many potential gains for the RS.
At a later date, this system could be expanded to include other clubs, such as DB, EH, and GE. It would mesh nicely with ICTE and other competitions. But this is not the current focus of the project.
Things that could be added after the initial system is working:
- Fictional writing-based competitions (similar to DB's ACC)
- D6 or D20 roleplaying competitions
- Any console or computer game
- 3v3, 4v4, 1v1v1, or any other combination of participants
Occur monthly. See SMK
Super Mario Kart
- Time Trial / Bowser / Rainbow Road
- Water Battle / Mario vs Luigi
- 150cc GP / Special Cup / most GP earned (45) - (best times tiebreaker?) - include all cups?
- Specific match race (Donut Plains 2) / Yoshi vs Princess
Figure out how this works into the system.
X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter:
Ships: TIE Fighter TIE Interceptor TIE Bomber TIE Advanced Assault Gunboat X-Wing A-Wing Y-Wing B-Wing Z-95 Headhunter Arenas: Standard melee (w/one nav buoy) Asteroids ...
Ships: X-Wing A-Wing Y-Wing ... (lots more) Arenas: Skirmish only?
Super Mario Kart:
Mario Luigi Princess Yoshi Bowser Donkey Kong Jr. Koopa Troopa Toad Mario Circuit 1 Donut Plains 1 Ghost Valley 1 Bowser Castle 1 Mario Circuit 2 Choco Island 1 .....