Yeah. Good wiki articles have quotes.
Here are some potentials for Vaughan:
- "What the hell do you mean 'they're gone'? You lost a fleet?"
— Kaz Falcion to David Vaughan
(no idea what this would be for)
- "You're a very popular man, Mister Vaughan."
— Rekio Corsair
(probably more appropriate than the Kaz quote, but I find the Kaz quote amusing :P)
- "Admiral, I believe it would be more appropriate for General Raven to lead the strike force to the Subterrel Sector while you remain in Greeop."
— David Vaughan to Dave Trebonious-Astoris
(under 'personality and traits' --> telling an Admiral to stay behind isn't the smartest mode of self-preservation :P)
- "Send a message to Colonel Vaughan, and inform him that Logistics personnel here on Blerthmore will need to be ready for an influx of damaged ships and wounded personnel."
— Dave Trebonious-Astoris
(generic 'Vaughan does stuff, yay' quote)
Good to see that you're still carrying on the good fight. I'll probably be seeing you around. --Licah 14:04, 24 January 2007 (EST)
Vaughan, if you want to insist on your Queen's spelling of the word "defense," that's fine, but you should know that the spelling I used is the American norm. :P Sheesh, I bet you even say "colour" as well. --Dave 11:00, 1 February 2007 (EST)
- Haha! Most definitely! I consider American to be the aberration, not the mother tongue. :P
- And I changed the spellings back because I was the original author of the article . . . if anyone else wants to author articles, I'll not tamper with their spellings. Case in point: I've left the Greeop Defense Force alone, because I didn't create it. :P David Vaughan 11:06, 1 February 2007 (EST)
- . . . thank-you, Licah. That was a most ironic spelling error. =) By the way, hello! And yeah, I'm still here. Taking a LONG overdue break at the moment. I had been powering on full speed ahead since March . . . but now I'm playing Oblivion instead to recharge. >:) David Vaughan 11:17, 1 February 2007 (EST)
- Well, to be fair, I was the original author of the article. You were the original author of the bulk of the prose content, though. :P So fine, fine, I guess. :P That will do for the standard. Original Vaughan content gets the Queen's English, original content of everybody else gets AmEnglish. /me rushes off to author content at a maddening pace while Vaughan is on break :P --Dave 11:26, 1 February 2007 (EST)
Just hit random page a few times, and got some articles like Karideph system. Would it be worth adding maps to this type of article? Rekio just gave me  and ; someone with moderate graphics program ability could create two maps for such articles, one pinpointing the location and nearby systems/planets, and another pinpointing in the galaxy as a whole (both as sort of infobar images, I'm thinking). Wikipedia articles have this type of detail for cities. Licah 13:37, 17 July 2007 (EDT)
- Yes, it would be worthwhile including maps for these. That's why the past numerous months I've been working out the cartographic information. :P If you go to the Logistics Office FTP, feel free to check out the /Cartography/Battles directory, where you will find maps featuring battle locations (plus other prominent locations) for all historical battles in all campaigns in all sectors, with two exceptions: the current VSG/RID tour has not been included yet, as I don't have an outline of the Subterrel Sector yet, and the current PBF tour's battles have not been added to the Minos Cluster yet. So . . . all I'm waiting on now are NAMES for the myriad locations, which I expect to open to the membership to offer suggestions very soon. David Vaughan 23:22, 17 July 2007 (EDT)